Saturday, March 28, 2020

COVID-19—NO MATCH FOR THE BLOOD OF JESUS (Part 3) ETE


Part 3 -
COVID-19—NO MATCH FOR THE BLOOD OF JESUS



The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic has now reached 125 countries and has claimed 30,879 lives. But even though it looks like this pathogen is coming at us from all sides, we will not fear, for when the Enemy comes in like a flood, the spirit of God will raise up a standard against him. What this means is that God’s going to keep us from the Coronavirus and protect us no matter what.

As I already illustrated in the last two parts, our shield is going to be the Blood of Jesus. Just as this Blood of Jesus (Lamb of God) was a shield for Moses and his two million Hebrew people in Egypt, so will it, upon our request through prayer, engulf us and protect us from the Coronavirus. Now I’ve had people tell me that they believe the news media is blowing this way out of proportion to cause people to worry and panic, and that in reality the Coronavirus is not as bad as the normal seasonal flu that caused 37,000 Americans to die last year. I won’t argue with that, but my question is how do you explain the vast difference in the effect the COVID-19 is having worldwide with schools closing, main sports and events cancelled, grocery stores getting ransacked, and cities and whole countries going into lock-down? The worst part being the anxiety, worry, fear and terror the media is downloading into the minds and hearts of people everywhere.

And if the present Coronavirus is in reality less dangerous and with a much lower mortality rate than the seasonal flu, then how is the present emotional storm being generated? I mean, some folks are deeply inflicted with worry and anguish, and almost frozen in fear. Is there some invisible entity influencing our emotions and guiding us to react in a certain way to the Coronavirus? Are we being subjected to some form of biopower and biopolitical forces as we’re being bombarded through the news media on a daily basis? Are these forces regulating our responses to the Coronavirus Pandemic? It's a scary thought, but such a scenario is suggested in an abstract titled: Regulating the 1918–19 Pandemic. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3867839/

 But whatever may be the case---it’s still no match for the powerful Blood of Jesus. We just have to believe and trust in what God is showing us. For every look at your TV and scary newscasts on the CVID-19, take two looks at God’s promises of protection, safekeeping, peace and ability to keep you through the Coronavirus Storm. And to help you with this, I’m listing several encouraging promises from God’s word for you to read, meditate and hold on to.

Promises of Protection and Comfort:

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them (Coronavirus), for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help when we are in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)

Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until this disaster (Pandemic) has passed. (Psalm 57:1)

 Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you (Jesus) are with me. Your rod and your staff they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

 …my God is my Rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior… (2 Samuel 22:3-4)

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for I your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

May God keep and protect you always,
Carlos A. Cedillo

PS- If you think this writing will be a help to others during this moment of national and global crisis, please pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment